Reservations are always required. Please provide at least two weeks advance notice when sending in your registration request, requests can take two to three business days to be confirmed. You must have a confirmed program in order to receive the discounted rates. Groups that arrive at the Museum without a confirmed program will be asked to pay the full admission rates.
- Please note that Education Program Reservations do not include entrance to special exhibits that require an extra charge. For group sales information for special exhibitions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$5.00 non-refundable fee is required for all registrations. Once your program is confirmed, payment of the registration fee and the program fees can be made online or in person on the day of your visit. Every registered program must be paid for in a single transaction, we cannot accept individual payments per student or small group. If you have scheduled multiple programs or dates you may pay once per program/date.
Includes general admission to the Museum and allows chaperone-led student groups to explore at their own pace. Plan for a 60 minute experience.
- K-12th Grade: $5 per student, 1 chaperone per 7 students is required and is complimentary, any additional chaperones are $8 each
- College/University: $7 per person
- Adult (non college/university): $8
Gives students access to the Museum, as well as an in-depth one hour tour on an exhibit of your choice led by a museum educator. Plan for a 90 minute experience.
- K-12th Grade: $6 per student, 1 chaperone per 7 students is required and is complimentary, any additional chaperones are $8 each
- College/University: $8 per person
- Adult (non college/university): $10
Art workshops are available as an add-on to guided tours. This includes the guided tour and a 45 minute hands-on art project expanding on the themes of the tour. Plan for a 1.5 hour experience.
- K-12th Grade: $9 per student, 1 chaperone per 7 students is required and is complimentary, any additional chaperones are $8 each
We have a limited number of scholarships available for Title I schools in San Diego County.
Title 1 Admission Scholarships:
This scholarship covers the cost of general admission for self-guided and guided tours. Download the Title 1 Admission Scholarship applications here. Download the Title 1 Admission Scholarship applications here.
Title 1 Bus Scholarships:
This scholarship reduces the cost of transportation by reimbursing your school for one bus (or up to $250.00) per day of visit. Download the Title 1 Bus Scholarship application here.
Please note that these are two separate scholarships with separate applications, but we encourage all eligible schools to apply for both!
Apply now by contacting email@example.com
Funding is limited and subject to availability. Special exhibits are not covered by the scholarship. Must have a confirmed SDMoM program to receive funding.
If you have to cancel for any reason please contact the Education Department (619) 239-2001, ext. 75. Cancellations are not official until you have received written confirmation by email.
Cancellations must be made with 1 week prior notice, cancellations failing to notify or a “no-show” will be billed for the full amount of their scheduled program. Cancelled programs will still be required to pay the $5.00 non-refundable registration fee.
Rescheduling requests must be made with 1 week prior notice. With advance notice, there are no fees associated with re-scheduling.
How to Get Started
Once you have decided the program type and the exhibit focus for your group, and have 3 possible dates in mind, click on any of the “Register Today!” links to fill out a registration request.