- This event has passed.
American Indian Art Market and Film Festival
May 14, 2011 – 10:00 am - May 16, 2011 – 4:30 pm
The San Diego Museum of Man (SDMoM) is happy to announce its 28th Annual American Indian Art Market and Film Festival, May 14-15, 2011. This year’s event will feature a number of American Indian artists who will sell their creations ranging from jewelry to sculpture, from paintings to pottery, from weavings to woodcarvings, and much more. The artists will present their work for purchase by the public Saturday, Mary 14, and Sunday, May 15, from 10 am to 4:30 pm. The weekend event will also feature cultural activities, entertainment, and films for museum visitors. Please check this website for updates about SDMoM’s American Indian Art Market and Film Festival 2011.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday,May 13, 2011
- 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Artist Check-In & Juried Competition Set-Up (Gill Building)
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm: Juried Competition Judging (Gill Auditorium)
- 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Dinner Reception Selling-Booth Set-Up (Museum)
- 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Artist Lounge (SDMoM Education Center)
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Dinner Reception & Silent Auction [ends7:15 pm] (Museum)
Saturday & Sunday, May 14-15, 2011
- 7:30 am – 9:30 am: Artist Booth Set-Up (California Plaza)& Breakfast (Gill)
- 10:00 am – 4:30 pm: Art Market
- 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 3:00 pm: Films (SDMoM Education Center)
- 11:00 am, 1:00 pm: Yellowbird Apache Dancers (Museum)
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Artist Lunch (Gill Auditorium)
IMPORTANT: Artists, please download a copy of the California Seller’s Permit Application by clicking on the link on this webpage, or visit the following website to download and print a copy of the Seller’s Permit Application: http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe400spa.pdf
Special Note: Artists will be able to enjoy discounted hotel room rates at the nearby Comfort Inn, South Bay. Conveniently located just seven miles from Balboa Park, the Comfort Inn has reserved a block of rooms for the American Indian Art Market participants. Amenities include a full breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30 am each morning, complimentary parking, and a heated swimming pool and spa. The rate code to ask for when reserving a Comfort Inn room is LSDMOM, or you may mention the special rate for San Diego Museum of Man American Indian Art Market participants.
American Indian Art Market Special Group Room Rates:
$52 for a single guest room, plus 10% tax
$64 for a double guest room, plus 10% tax
To reserve your room today, please call (619) 474-2400 and mention that you are part of the SDMoM American Indian Art Market 2011.