- This event has passed.
Tower After Hours: Germany (2012)
Oct 25, 2012 – 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Celebrate Germany with brats and beer at the San Diego Museum of Man’s October edition of Tower After Hours. Delight in the fun of Oktoberfest at a vibrant cultural festival chock full of traditional food tastings, samplings from the La Jolla Brew House, and spectacular performances by local artists.
Tickets: $10 members, $15 students and military, $20 non-members. Includes entrance to SDMoM, food tastings, beverages, and cultural entertainment.
Purchase tickets here.
Want to avoid the parking hassle at Balboa Park for this event? You’re in luck! SDMoM has partnered with our friends over at Uber, the luxury on-demand car service, to provide discounted rides for the big night! Uber will drop you off at the Museum of Man steps so there’s no need to hassle with a cab or parking at Balboa Park. Drink responsibly, and let Uber do the driving for you! The first 50 people to purchase TAH Germany tickets will get a special code emailed to them (by SDMoM), good for $80 off a round-trip ride to and from the event.
SIGN UP FOR UBER:
Sign up for an account here or through the app store. Please note, when you sign up for Uber you will need to put a credit or debit card on file. Don’t worry! You won’t be charged unless you ride. The app is a free download!
Wondering how much your Uber ride might cost? Want to learn more about Uber’s pricing in San Diego? Click here.
HOW TO USE UBER AFTER SIGNING UP:
Using Uber with an iPhone or Android app:
1. Open the Uber app on your phone.
2. You will see a map and a red pin. Position the pin on the map where you would like to be picked up.
3. You can also press the location bar and manually type in your location.
4. Once you’ve identified your location, press the green “set pickup location” button.
5. Uber will send one text message when your driver is enroute and one when your driver has arrived.
6. No need to pay or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments (tip included) are automatic and hassle free.
7. If you no longer need your ride, press ‘Cancel’. Please note, rides cancelled after 5 minutes will incur a $10 cancellation fee.
You can also TEXT to request your Uber ride – it’s simple!
First, you need to sign up here and validate your cell number.
1. Text your pickup address to 827222. For example: ‘400 Battery St, SF’ (Note: our system will only accept the address if followed by the city name)
2. You will receive a text message to confirm your address, reply ‘YES’ to confirm. We then find you a car and respond with an estimated time of arrival.
3. You will be alerted via text when your driver has arrived!
If you have special transportation requests, when you request your ride via your Uber application, you will have an option to call your driver! Do you have a wheelchair with you? Are you bringing a drink along in the car? No matter what your request, give your Uber driver a call and they’ll be able to let you know if they can accommodate you!
Questions? Contact Taylor, your San Diego Community Manager, at SupportSD@Uber.com! And be sure to follow her on twitter at @UBER_SD for info and Uber updates!
Tower After Hours: Germany is presented in collaboration with German American Societies of San Diego, Albert Einstein Academy Charter School, and La Jolla Brew House. Sponsored by the Nissan Foundation and the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture.