- This event has passed.
Summer Games: A Tower After Hours Event
July 28, 2016 – 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
A Whole New Kind of Museum Party
New low-price tickets are on sale now! You can get E-Club Member tickets for $20—that’s $10 off the original price! This deal lasts until tickets sell out, so hurry and get yours soon.
We’re throwing a party in celebration of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro with our own tournament of summer games. Jump in on the action!
Bring your friends and team up for Olympics-inspired events such as blind beer tasting, pool noodle throwing, hobby horse racing, and more.
You’ll also get the chance to mingle with San Diego Olympic athletes while snacking on Brazilian appetizers and sipping Brazil’s signature cocktail, the caipirinha.
Come ready to play at this after-hours party!
- View rarely-seen objects from the Museum’s collections that exemplify sports and athletics
- Chat with a health and fitness trainer to learn healthy tips and habits
- Come dressed as your favorite Olympian or the team your rooting for
- Participate in our festive closing ceremony after our summer games tournament has completed
- Enjoy Brazilian dishes served appetizer-style, caipirinha signature cocktails, beer, and wine
The hour-long tournament of games will begin at 6:45 p.m. Be sure to arrive before 6:45 p.m. to participate in the entire tournament!
Tickets: $15 for Museum Member tickets/$20 for E-Club Member tickets. Sign up to become a Museum Member to get the discounted rate. This event is for ages 18 and up.
- Ticket includes entrance to the museum, food tastings, beverages, and entertainment.
- Each Museum Member is entitled to one additional guest ticket at the member price.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but you can give them to someone else to use.
*Sundown Tower Bundle Tickets*
Guests to Tower After Hours can take a tour of the California Tower during the event by purchasing a Sundown Tower Bundle Ticket. This special ticket includes entrance to the event and a guided tour of the California Tower for the price of $40 per ticket.
- Two tower tours are available for Summer Games: A Tower After Hours Event at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., only.
- Space is limited. Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
- Guests who purchased Sundown Tower Bundle tickets are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the start of their tower tours. Tours are on a strict time schedule and will not wait for you, and you will not be allowed to join a tour that has already begun.
- No food or drink is allowed in the tower.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
Thank you to our sponsors: