Department: Visitor Services
Date: June 2016
Position Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The security guard performs a wide variety of protective, customer service, and courtesy duties for the Museum. The security guard is expected to be effective at responding to visitor questions and interacting with museum guests. The security guard is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for visitors, staff, and collections.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor assigned areas within the Museum galleries, Museum grounds, and closed circuit TV to observe, caution, instruct, correct, investigate, and report activities to maintain order and protect Museum visitors, staff, collections and exhibitions.
- Employ Customer Service best practices with visitors, staff and vendors.
- Observe exhibits for change of any kind; report problems to the Director of Security & Facilities for immediate notification to curatorial or Museum management; report any building conditions requiring attention to Maintenance staff.
- Maintain knowledge of current policies and procedures in order to correctly implement judgments and actions for the protection of exhibits and the safety and protection of Museum staff and visitors.
- Respond to requests for assistance and evaluate appropriate courses of action.
- Respond to emergency situations such as fire, evacuation plan implementation, or employee/visitor injuries.
- May perform limited emergency first-aid treatment.
- Prepare required security reports that document actions taken while on duty.
- Provide customer service assistance to enhance visitor experience.
- Participate in all required training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Security, Director of Visitor Experience, and Museum management.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in security, and applicable training and certifications.
- Excellent customer skills, ability to work as a team player, exercise diplomacy, and make independent decisions.
- Solid analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to meet scheduled and unexpected deadlines.
- Leadership skills to empower, motivate, and develop a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Candidate must be outgoing and able to initiate engagement with any and all visitors.
- Weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- California Guard Card preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time, both indoors and out, as well as walk, climb or balance, crouch, and stoop. The position occasionally requires the lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds.
The San Diego Museum of Man is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Security Guard” and your first and last name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.