San Diego Museum of Man
We are seeking friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic volunteers to assist visitors with the experience of a lifetime—guided tours of the historic California Tower, which opened to the public in January 2015 for the first time since 1935.
Tower Trekkers accompany guests on historic tours of the California Tower, prepare ticketed guests for their tours, provide support and additional tour information to guests, and ensure a safe, fun experience for our visitors.
If you’re looking for a fun and meaningful way to put your time and talent to work, it doesn’t get much better than this—fresh air, light exercise, meeting people from all walks of life, and getting to show off San Diego in a unique and wonderful way.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Warmly welcome visitors to the Museum in a friendly, engaging manner
- Check in tower tour guests
- Provide support for tour guides and guests while in the California Tower
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed throughout the tower tour
- Physical ability to climb 130 stairs multiple times per shift
- Ability to follow procedures for guests signing waivers and placing belongings in lockers
- Desire to share the history of Balboa Park and the San Diego Museum of Man (and its mission) with visitors
A commitment of 2 shifts per month to start and remain active with an initial 6-month commitment is desired. Tower Trekker shifts are 2.5–4 hours and are available every day of the week. Tower Trekkers may be scheduled on a regular, weekly basis or on an on-call basis.
The Museum will provide individual or group training to cover general information about the Museum and Balboa Park, as well as tower tour procedures and safety. Additional training may be offered according to interest and need.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://form.jotform.us/form/43159097920157 →