Donations, both large and small, will become part of a lasting legacy — a legacy that imparts knowledge, understanding, and cultural awareness. Your gift will help shape minds and explore cultures; it will inspire awe and reflection in both young and old, and pique curiosity and imagination. Please browse through the few gift categories outlined below; you may also elect to make an “unrestricted” gift.
Homeless children are an important but often-overlooked segment of our homeless community. This year, with the help of a $10,000 anonymous donation, we launched a program to bring education to our city’s homeless children in a ground-breaking partnership with Monarch School. Your donation will help us continue this and other valuable programs. Our educators and exhibits taught and inspired 77,000 children last year. Our outreach programs bring anthropology to all communities in San Diego, including local civic organizations and clubs. Thank you for considering a gift to education.
Your generous donation to Exhibits will help us develop new exhibits and fund the transformation of our permanent exhibitions with updated lighting, design, interactive components, and interpretation that brings engaging concepts about people to life.
We would love to offer you the opportunity to tour our hidden treasures. Our collections include 100,000 artifacts, 50,000 photographs, and 30,000 publications. The Collections Project will clean, repair, restore, and rehouse each object, and then photograph it for public review and research online. This project, spanning the next decade, requires not only highly qualified staff but also special materials and storage components. The Collections Project is funded exclusively through grants and donations, and we hope you will carefully consider making your own contribution. (With your donation of $100 or more, we will provide you with a peek into the labs!)
Six More Great Ways You Can Support the Museum
- Give a Museum gift membership to a friend or family member.
- Donate your used vehicle quickly and easily. The proceeds benefit the Museum. For details, visit www.cars4causes.net or call 800-766-CARE.
- Shop online at your favorite stores and a portion of your purchases will be donated to the Museum. See www.shopformuseums.com.
- Purchase a bench in historic Saint Francis Chapel and dedicate it with the inscription of your choice.
- Volunteer! Help out at a special event, in the office, or in Collections.
- Make a donation to the Museum of Man.
You don’t have to be wealthy to make a significant gift.
We offer techniques that increase your giving potential and return benefits to you and your family.
- Give appreciated assets instead of cash.
- Make the Museum a beneficiary of your will or revocable trust at little or no cost now.
- Give life insurance you no longer need.
- Receive income back from the Museum for life in return for your contribution.
You can make a gift that makes a difference!
Please direct any questions to Hope Carlson, Chief Development Officer, at 619-239-2001 ext. 16, or email@example.com
The San Diego Museum of Man is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, Federal Tax ID #95-1709290.