- This event has passed.
Maker Faire San Diego 2018 – Day 1
October 6, 2018 – 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Maker Faire at the San Diego Museum of Man
We are thrilled to host makers from our local community during Maker Faire San Diego 2018! For two days San Diego makers will be in our galleries exhibiting their human-made craft. During the weekend you’ll meet the makers, see them in action, and learn more about their creations. We’ll also be offering an additional Tower tour at 5:00 p.m. on both days of Maker Faire.
Check out these local makers in our galleries:
- See handmade nature jewelry and learn about the fascinating process of electroforming with Enchanted Leaves
- Purchase soap from the Wicked Soap Company from High Tech High
- Learn about mead from Golden Coast Mead, a local brewery in Oceanside
- Try out a vintage chain stitch machine and embroider your name on your own bags and clothes
- Take a free 20-minute cross stitch, needlepoint, and embroidery class with members of the local Embroiderers Guild of America and American Needlepoint Guild chapters
- Create a homemade book to give hope to former detainees with The Keepsake Foundation
- Learn about making great beer, mead, and cider at home with Quaff
- See a crochet demonstration and learn how to make something yourself
- Discover the Pinstein, and learn how it was designed, prototyped, and manufactured
- Learn how to set up a low budget homebrew system and learn how to make beer
- Meet PilloveTalk and learn how you can create a living environment that is supportive of your personal growth
- Make starfish out of aluminum wire with Jenova5BlairfishARTS
- Explore the art of cheesemaking with Queso San Diego
- Learn how to create ribbon flowers using wired ribbon
Don’t wait to purchase your tickets to this family-friendly and multi-museum event that showcases creativity and innovation in San Diego.
What is Maker Faire?
Maker Faire is a hands-on, visual festival celebrating the Maker Movement and DIY culture. It’s for innovative, curious people who enjoy creating and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue for these “makers” to show their hobbies, experiments, and projects.
We call it the Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth – glimpse the future and get inspired!