San Diego Museum of Man
Job Title: Accounting Associate Date: January 31, 2020
Reports to: Accounting Manager Employment Status: Full-Time
The Accounting Associate is responsible for A/P, A/R, processing payroll, and the day to day input of financial information for the Museum. The Accounting Associate is also responsible for assisting the Finance team (CFO & Accounting Manager) in maintaining departmental processes so that internal and external “clients” are well served.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Associate performs the following:
- Reviews, codes, and pays all accounts payable invoices ensuring accuracy of billing and account allocation.
- Prepares and tracks all account receivable invoices. Resolves any related issues.
- Processes biweekly payroll using ADP, collects and enters data/salary adjustments, reconciles time sheets, and assists HR with managing employee benefits.
- Prepares bank deposits by verifying cash, checks and bankcard charges, coding income sources, and balancing transactions.
- Tracks Museum attendance and prepares weekly/monthly admission reports.
- Prepares monthly budget and financial reports for Museum department heads.
- Maintains files of accounting records and implements document retention policy.
- Maintains and reconciles accounting system.
- Prepares 1099’s for vendors.
- Assists Finance team with annual audit and budgeting processes.
- Assists Finance team with other projects and tasks as necessary.
Experience, Education, or Skills Required:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Minimum two years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting/POS systems.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system.
- High attention to detail & ability to take initiative.
- Oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively with employees and outside professional contacts.
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Regular sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, balancing, crouching, stooping, and communication (talking/hearing).
- Occasional lifting/moving up to 25 lbs.
- Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate noise.
How to Apply:
The San Diego Museum of Man is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Associate” and your first initial and last name in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls please!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com