Much to our delight, for the first time the San Diego Museum of Man has received a four-star rating — the best possible — from Charity Navigator, a well-known service that vets nonprofit organizations. Lest you think it’s easy to get, check out some of the considerations:
- a good ratio of working capital compared to expenses
- a good ratio of fundraising expenses compared to functional expenses
- a high level of fundraising efficiency
- documentation of all board meetings and ethical board practices
- audited financials (which we do annually)
- and more.