The Grand Rotunda
Create an event to remember in San Diego’s iconic California Building. With ceilings that soar 140 feet into the air, the spacious Grand Rotunda is a stunning focal point for receptions, private parties, and corporate soirées. Ensure your event gets all the hashtags it deserves with the many photo opportunities that abound amongst our distinctive exhibits and intricate architecture. Compliment your event’s theme with colorful up-lighting on the magnificent Maya stellae that have been a part of the Museum for over a century. Let us make your event one that your guests will be talking about for years to come!
- Over 30,000 square feet of Museum space with access to all open exhibits
- Oversized bar (ask about optional bar services), belly bars, and tables
- Private parking lot reserved for host and vendors
- Customizable ambient lighting and sound systems
- Upper-level private deck overlooking downtown skyline for outdoor lounge
- Access to the California Tower for host and up to 12 guests (restrictions apply)
- Museum security and janitorial staff
- Standard hours are between 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (alternatives available by request)
- Load-in may begin at 3:30 p.m. on the day of the event. Unless prior arrangements are made, load-out must be completed by 12 a.m.
- The Grand Rotunda holds 350 persons. The entire Museum holds 640 persons.
- We offer a list of preferred vendors at your request. Wedding reception and event packages are available through our caterers, including food, bar, and rentals.
For additional information, site visits, or to make reservations, please contact our Special Events Manager, Teri Saffon, CMP at (619) 239-2001, ext. 31, or email email@example.com.
Vendor Credit (for photos 1-2, 6, 7, and 8): Design & Calligraphy: Samantha Louise Designs / Florals: The Dainty Lion / Rentals: Pow Wow Design Studio / Hair & Makeup: Stacey Triplow / Suits: Friar Tux / Ties: Lord Wallington / Cake: Frost Me Gourmet / Catering: Root Cellar Co.